Re: Floppy disk emulator for Lisa

From: snhirsch <snhirsch_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 04:56:27 -0800 (PST)

On Wednesday, March 4, 2015 at 10:02:42 PM UTC-5, Steve Chamberlin wrote:

> Good question, sorry I wasn't specific. It emulates 400k and 800k Sony
> floppy drives. I think Twiggy emulation with the same hardware should be
> eventually possible, with the right firmware support. But I don't know much
> about the Twiggy low-level details, nor do I have a Twiggy system to
> experiment with. I might look into it further in the future, but for now I
> think I did enough damage to my brain just trying to get the 400/800k stuff
> working. :-)

So, to be sure I understand, I can take my current emulator (presumably with a firmware update) and simply connect it instead of the Sony drive (to the personality card in the case of a 2/5)? No cable adapter required? If so, is the firmware currently available for download? Does that firmware prevent operation with a Mac, or is it universal?

Now, all we need is direct support for Unidisk 3.5 and Disk 3.5 on Apple 2 machines :-)