It's (sort of) the Lisa system font in TrueType (also, new hardware for ALyX)

From: Brian Connors <connorbd_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2015 20:10:17 -0700 (PDT)

It doesn't seem as if anyone has ever done a TrueType version of the Lisa system font, so... I did. More or less. I couldn't find a full specimen sheet of the font, so I kind of winged it in a lot of places, but this first version covers the Latin-1 character set. I expect to use it in ALyX as well. The first link is the public download link at FontStruct, while the second is a bit more of a complete distribution including an SFD version for FontForge and a font specimen in PNG format.

http://fontstruct.com/fontstructions/show/1134409 https://github.com/csyde/alyxproject/tree/master/Lexington-Gothic

Speaking of which... the project had stalled because of a lack of processing power in the Raspberry Pi B+, and I had seriously considered ditching it for a BeagleBone Black. However, the Raspberry Pi 2 B received a significant speed bump (900MHz vs 700, quad Cortex-core) and while the Lisaem mouse emulation still drags, it's actually usable now. I now have what I suppose could be called a prototype with the RPi 2 connected to a 720p TV, with the board drawing power from the TV's USB port.

Keeping it on the RPi platform is pretty significant; since the RPi has no onboard storage, only a MicroSD slot, it's possible to install Raspbian, add on the emulators and devtools, and just image the whole for download. The lash shell is still unfinished, but I can get back to that soon.

Brian
github.com/csyde/alyxproject