Re: Lisa 2 rom replacements

From: Ken Boyle <kenboyle55_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 07:08:25 -0700 (PDT)

Oh I did not realize that there was only 1 rom chip. I thought both of those were roms. I will troubleshoot more this weekend when I have some spare time (it's finals week at school:(

What started this problem is when I was using my Lisa it was having booting issues and then it kept getting worse until it stopped reading completely. Then it started doing weird things with the motor that spins the disk and burned up the motherboard on the floppy. I replaced it and It reads and boots now but when it's done loading the rom disk it keeps showing the disk with the x and will not spit it out. And also when I shut it down it will not eject it also.

When I have her face off and when I manually eject the disk about half through it does start the eject motor

My thought was since I tried replacement roms along with the 400k drive and it did eject it was corrupted roms. My friend apparently did send me a replacement set so I am waiting for the new rom chip.

I guess if that does not solve the issues I will just put in a 400k drive and use it with that.

Sorry for the choppy response I am in school and it's hard to focus on this :P

Thanks again everyone! :)

You received this message because you are a member of the LisaList group. The group FAQ is at http://lowendmac.com/lists/lisa.html To post to this group, send email to lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden To leave this group, send email to lisalist+unsubscribe_at_email.domain.hidden For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/lisalist ---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LisaList" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to lisalist+unsubscribe_at_googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. Received on 2015-05-27 10:28:04