Re: Classic Epson printer emulators?

From: Ray Arachelian <ray_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 11:18:05 -0500

Michael Kerpan wrote:
> Are there any free or open-source programs that can convert raw ESC/P
> (Epson printer code) data into bitmap images or PDFs or something?
> Many classic home computer programs rely on having a printer of this
> sort in order to print, and while many emulators have a way to dump
> serial or parallel output to a file, the only interpreters I can find
> to turn that raw data into something useful are commercial programs
> that I can't really justify the purchase of, given my student
> budget...

Not sure of Epson ones, but there is one for the Apple Imagewriter I/ADMP which is part of LisaEm.
It's based on a C-Itoh 8510 (I think). So if that's enough for your needs, you could rip out that piece of LisaEm and use it.

If you have full docs on specific Epson printers that you're looking to emulate, somewhere on the net, that might be useful too. Received on 2010-02-01 11:18:08