Re: M68000 ASM to machine code table

From: Ray Arachelian <ray_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 15:55:45 -0400

On 07/28/2010 03:39 PM, Andrew Burton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am attempting to create an assembler to machine code table, something along the lines of:
>
> move.l a3,$12345678 -> $23 $CB $12 $34 $56 $78
>

> Has anyone already done this? I don't mind whether the machine code is referenced in hexadecimal, octal or binary. I just need this to help me out with something - I have tried some disassemblers, but since they often (always?) turn data/text into ASM instructions and create false jumps etc. I am attempting to do it by hand. But before I can do that, I of course need the machine code references to start with!
> Failing that I will just have to create it myself - I have started, but having realised the number of possibilities for just the move.l instruction I feel that this could be another long project....

See if you can grab it out of gas or as sources.

as can be found here: http://john.ccac.rwth-aachen.de:8000/as/

or this: http://www.easy68k.com/

Generator ( http://squish.net/generator ) has these as well, plus a disassembler, but the above links are probably easier. Generator code is part of LisaEm, so grabbing LisaEm source would get you this too. Received on 2010-07-28 15:55:46