Re: I need to get a printer running on my Lisa

From: Ray Arachelian <ray_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 23:28:50 -0400

Patrick Symes wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I am looking for some advice on Lisa and printers. When I was looking
> up supported printers for the Lisa OS 3 all I can find is Apple
> ImageWriter or Apple Daisy Wheel printer. Is there anyway to use
> an ImageWriter II with the Lisa? I do have a cable that connects the
> smaller Macintosh style serial into the older type. (Sorry I'm bad
> at describing the cable.... maybe I should send a photo.) But anyways
> I was also looking and it looks like I would need a Modem eliminator
> cable. Do any of you guys know where I can find such a cable?

A DB25-Mini din8 is the cable you need. It's a standard cable used with Mac modems, you might need a null modem to get it to print, I don't remember off the top of my head whether it'll need one or not. An ImageWriter II should work just fine.

The ADMP is a parallel version of the ImageWriter I and will also work with the Lisa when connected as its name implies over a Lisa parallel port- if you can find this printer.

There was also a Canon InkJet that worked with the Lisa and allowed for color printing. Received on 2008-10-24 23:28:50