Re: Lisa 2/10 power supply keeps blowing fuses, help?

From: simon <simski_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 22:15:46 +0200

On 12-apr-07, at 21:31, nulldev1ce wrote:

> Incidentally, I've learned that I have to regularly hand-spin the
> widget drives to start them, in all three Lisas these days, like with
> an old prop plane; I find this equal parts depressing/cool. My pinky
> just fits in the gap, with the front panel off...

get them out of the lisa but still connected and place them upside down or on their side and leave them running for a day. you will notice that you don't have to help them anymore and they will become quieter. I once had a lisa with a internal jet engine and it was gone after putting it on its side for a day. the internal grease melts and gets in the bearings again.

--

met vriendelijke groet

Simon Claessen
simski_at_email.domain.hidden