Re: Found a place where you can download lisa images

From: simon <simski_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 11:53:04 +0200

On 13-apr-07, at 20:52, Ray Arachelian wrote:

> simon wrote:
>>
>> with disk copy 6.1 and higher, you can convert them to 4.2 format.
>>
> Hi Simon,
>
> That is EXACTLY what you DO NOT want to do. That conversion will strip
> off the tags which will make the disks useless if they either Lisa
> Office System, Lisa Pascal Workshop, or the MacWorks boot diskette.
>
>> my best suggestion for making floppies for your next is using a 800k
>> mac with system 7. a mac SE is the best to use due to the internal HD.
>> the powerbooks al have a 1.4 drive and a swim chip
>>
> That is unnecessary. You can make perfectly usable images from any
> classic Mac, 68K or PPC that has a GCR capable floppy drive (i.e.
> 400K/800K), IF you use Disk Copy 4.2. I've even made images from a
> 20th
> Anniversary Mac running System 9.1, as well as a 7100 running System
> 7.5. These all have worked on my Lisas.

what then about the 3-5 bit timing problems with the newer drives? or is that just something disk copy 6 introduces

> You *MIGHT* be able to use DART, but it could produce unreliable
> images.
>
> However, using Disk Copy 6.x will absolutely render Lisa diskettes
> unusable.

good to know! Then i have to transfer images to floppies with DART and then making disk copy 4.2 images again. if i set up two macs, then i only have to use two floppies...

--

met vriendelijke groet

Simon Claessen
simski_at_email.domain.hidden