Re: Lisa Office System images to floppy via PC?

From: NateSpin <nspinler_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 22:00:36 -0800 (PST)

It's Alive!

Ok, so over the last few weeks I managed to get a bit of ageing mac hardware. I picked up a Power Macinosh 7200/75 w/out a keyboard, mouse or monitor. Later I found a Apple Multiscan 15AV display and a keyboard and mouse. Though in order to get the keyboard, mouse and screen I had to pick up Macintosh Quadra 950 (w/ 128 MB RAM), a HP ScanJet 4C Scanner and a bunch of parts which include a Quadra 900 and a 950 motherboard. So my once 1/2 empty office is now getting quite crowded.

That said, I have managed to get the 7200, running OS 7.5.2, online with an old version of Netscape 4. I downloaded the Lisa OS 3.1 and apps. From there, I installed the Lisa Office System 3.1 and the associated apps. Now we are playing with fire!

When I installed the LOS, it asked me if I wanted to partition the HD for MacXL, so I split the drive in 1/2. Is there a 20MB widget HD??? As, I gave 10 to LOS and 10 for MacXL, maybe the numbers weren't in MB. After installing all the apps, if I look at the attributes for the "Internal Hard Disk" it says the "Total Blocks : 9418".

I also plugged in my external Profile HD. It appears to be recognized by LOS as it shows up as a "disk" with "Total blocks: 9690", but it can also be booted from into Lisa Workshop. Is it partitioned into 2???

Anyways, all is well in Lisa land except 2 things. I have been trying to download MacWorksXL3.0 and MacWorksXL3.0 System Disk from The Mothership, and though I can download them fine on my 7200, Stuffit always reports that the headers are corrupt and then locks up the 7200 when trying to extract them. Anybody experienced problems with these images???

The 2nd issue I have remaining is repairing my Lisa's keyboard. As is, I have to opperate the keyboard with the keys off. If I use my fingers directly on the contacts, everything works fine, but 1/2 the foam behind the keys is defunct and need to be replace.

Well, that is all for now on my journey to get this Lisa up and running.

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LisaList" group. To post to this group, send email to lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden To unsubscribe from this group, send email to lisalist-unsubscribe_at_email.domain.hidden For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/lisalist?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- Received on 2015-07-15 16:42:50