Re: Help diagnosing problem.

From: Blair Aakre <baakre_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 23:45:05 -0500

Check to see if the output of U1 is around 28V. You can clip a lead to the bottom of R124 and measure this. (It is the large 2W resistor on the right hand side of the board.) This voltage should vary some as the width potentiometer is adjusted.

This regulator went bad on one of my video boards. It also took out R1 (120 ohm resistor) in the process. Of course, on mine the damage to R1 was pretty obvious.

Any visible sign of damage on your video board? You will probably want to remove it from the Lisa and give it a good look over.

-Blair

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LisaList" group. To post to this group, send email to lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden To unsubscribe from this group, send email to lisalist-unsubscribe_at_email.domain.hidden For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/lisalist?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---