Re: Anybody got a non-working Lisa (1) to dump?

From: Chandra <cbajpai_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 07:55:58 -0700 (PDT)

Great story.

I was lucky enough to get a Lisa-1, but it took a lot of hard work and over a year to get the deal done.

My Lisa-1 came from a missile testing range in South Africa where an retired electronics tech worked.
He told me the "Lisa-2" came with a bunch of spare parts (e.g. the Lisa-1 upgrade kit).
I had him put it together in it's original Lisa-1 form and he even tested it. He was nice enough to include floppies, brochure and almost enough spare parts to build another Lisa-1 (just missing the twiggy).

My only issue is that this Lisa has a 220V power supply and not the 110 that I need (and it's the early non-switchable power supply). I'll have to swap it out when I get a chance.

The really neat thing is that the Lisa-1 face plate looks absolutely new - it must have been a Lisa-1 for only a short period of time. I'd love to get Larry Tesler, Bill Atkinson or Tripp Hawkins to autograph it...(if anyone knows them I'd love an introduction)

You should have seen the weird looks of customs asking why I was importing a 20 year old computer back into the US. They didn't even charge me any duty.

Any idea how many Lisa-1's still exist? I've heard as many as 40-50 units.

-Chandra

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LisaList" group. To post to this group, send email to lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden To unsubscribe from this group, send email to lisalist+unsubscribe_at_email.domain.hidden For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/lisalist?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- Received on 2015-07-15 16:44:04