Re: Apple Lisa data on Wolfram Alpha

From: Rebecca Bettencourt <beckiergb_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 01:12:22 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you for the clarifications.

100000 is indeed counting all generations of Lisas, not just Lisa 1's. I've changed it to 6500, the number listed on the oldcomputers.net site for the number of Lisa 1's sold (before Apple converted them to Lisa 2's).

I contacted W|A and they told me to leave the Graphics Processor field blank, so that solves that problem.

There's no field in the spreadsheet for the capacity of the floppy drive, but I added a note about it.

The only point I'm still stuck on is the audio. Can anybody clarify if the Lisa actually used the Motorola 3417 chip I saw mentioned in the 1981 Lisa Hardware Manual (but not in the 1983)? Or is it just logic chips driving a speaker, like I suspect it actually is?