Re: What can be done to preserve a working vintage HDD?

From: simon <simski_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 23:31:05 +0100

improving the bearing on my internal drive was done by letting it run for a hour or two on its side and upside down. i think the sparse grease in there heats up and melts between the rollers. the drive on my lisa 2/10 was like a F16 when i first started her. now she has a humble sound.

  --
Groeten,

Simon
simski_at_email.domain.hidden