Re: Another Lisa 1 on Ebay - is it really a Lisa 1?

From: Shirl Casner <shirlgato_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 20:08:17 -0700

FWIW ... I saw the MANUFACTURED number of 83054 in one of the auction photos which means this Lisa was manufactured on day 54 of 1983 which makes it around the end of February 1983. This indicates this was an early Lisa which could have been used internally at Apple.

I assume the last photo in the auction showing several people does not indicate these people are also part of the auction sale :-)

from left to right the people are Paul Baker (hardware), Bruce Daniels (software head), Chris Franklin (LisaList main programmer, early user interface design), Rich Page (hardware, worked on original Lisa circa 1978-79), John Couch (touching Lisa top, head of Lisa division POSD, believe works at Apple today in its education department), Larry Tesler (application group head [Lisa Office System, LisaWrite, LisaDraw, LisaGraph, LisaList, LisaTerminal, LisaProject, LisaCalc], worked on early user interface, Lisa Clascal object oriented language, Lisa ToolKit object oriented development framework).