Re: Apple 400k drive

From: tommoni <tommoni_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 09:46:22 +0100

Hello,

Answer: "This depends on the Lisa ROM."
Generally you can replace the Lisa Floppy-Drive by a Mac Drive if you do some small modifications at the drive's cable-connection, the BUS But: The ROM on the I/O Board doesn't support the Drive, so it will be very slow reading/writing until you replace the I/O ROM with the type from a Lisa Mac XL or the SUN Remarketing ROM - in deed despite of that it'll work.
I think this solution is practicable for testing but not for working with a Lisa, isn't it?

If you don't have a Lisa 2 Drive (it's originally made by SONY Japan in the early to mid 80ies) I perhaps can send you one, cause I have parts for Lisa 2 like Boards, Drives, Profiles, Monitor-tubes etc.

greetings TOM from Bavaria, the center of europe, the marvellous castles of Koenig Ludwig e.g. Neuschwanstein and last but not least the original Oktoberfest !