Re: Troubleshooting X/Lisa RAM boards - first draft

From: Terry Stewart <terry_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 11:15:15 +1300

James,

> Bit 0 maps to column 22 on the memory board, so the suspect chip is the
> one at coordinates E22. (If that isn't it, I think the only other
> possibility is B22.)

You were right on the button here! I piggybacked a 4164 over the IC at E22 and the board passed the memory check with no problems. It seems that's the faulty one allright. Later today I'll extract and resolder a replacement in.

> I think the four possible slot combinations might give different results,
> so try each configuration with the bad board:
> - in MEM 1 with MEM 2 empty
> - in MEM 2 with MEM 1 empty
> - in MEM 2 with a good board in MEM 1
> - in MEM 1 with a good board in MEM 2

In a few minutes I'll run these tests with the second board and post up the results. Stand by..

Terry