Re: Fwd: XENIX Question

From: snhirsch <snhirsch_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 18:07:29 -0700 (PDT)

All,

Thanks very much for all the good suggestions. I was caught in a bit of Catch-22 since the information I needed was on the boot diskette and mine would not mount nor boot :-). Two folks on the list sent me images from their collection (thanks again!) and that seems to have done the trick. I let Al Kossow know that the one on bitsavers appears to have a problem. Hopefully it will be replaced with a working image soon.

I was able to do a complete install from scratch on the ProFile, so life is good. One small annoyance remains: The Lisa insists on dimming the console screen periodically and does not seem to respond to mouse movement, key input, etc. Most of the time it will brighten up on its own after a few minutes, but occasionally it simply will not and I have to shutdown "blind". Is there a utility or environmental setting of some sort to prevent this from happening under Xenix?

Steve