Re: Which set of Unisoft Unix installation disks to use?

From: PSchaefer <dr.p.schaefer_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 15:18:59 -0700 (PDT)

Just fyi: Uniplus Unix does not fit onto a 5 MB drive. The installation script fails at disk #11 because of dev/p0a full.

And the system always installs onto the internal drive (resp. the one connected directly to the Lisa), though you can put the swapspace for the installer (!) onto something else. But it is nice to be able to boot directly from hardisk (you only have to enter "w(0,2501)unix" at startup. For Xenix you have to boot a diskette before you can enter "pf(0,0)xenix" to start from disk.

Now that the Lisa was running, I also tried BLU. Great tool, thank you very much, James!

Formatting a Widget was successful after I set the offset to 0 (default was FFFF).
<Press any key> means press any key except space.
Foreign keyboard layouts are not recognized, you have to type Z instead of Y with a German keyboard.
After completion of a command, I would have preferred to end up in the last menu instead of going back to the root menu.

Best regards
Patrick