fixing widgets

From: Simon Claessen <simski_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2014 19:56:44 +0200

Hello all,

Today i resurrected a widget drive of a 2/10. we have one working copy in our museum and two broken ones. on both at least the psu is broken. but they are also 2/10 machines. i swapped the drivebays with in the working lisa and the two drives seemed to fail initial tests. one was seeking its first sector with a repeated click and ablinking light on the upper board corner. then I took all the pcb's off, even the one on the back and cleaned the edge-connectors. after reassembly one of them magically worked again, booting the pascal workshop. the other one looks also like a pascal workshop disk, but in the bootmenu the text is missing, just the rounded rectangles where the choise of OS should be. so that disk needs more time.

and of course all the grease in the 400k drives was sticky.

now to find some time to look at the psu's
--

Met vriendelijke Groet,

Simon Claessen
drukknop.nl

You received this message because you are a member of the LisaList group. The group FAQ is at http://lowendmac.com/lists/lisa.html To post to this group, send email to lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden To leave this group, send email to lisalist+unsubscribe_at_email.domain.hidden For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/lisalist ---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LisaList" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to lisalist+unsubscribe_at_googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. Received on 2015-07-16 08:09:51