Re: I blew it - literally

From: <lincoln.roop_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 14:27:09 -0700 (PDT)

Totally random thought, but to me it seems odd that just opening the door while the machine is on would cause permanent damage. It's possible you shocked the machine with static electricity and damaged something, but one thought that occurred to me: Try checking the safety switch itself to make sure that it is OK - IIRC the rear safety switch is built into the power supply and soldered to the board, make sure that when you press the switch you can see the circuit make using an ohmmeter, and also make sure that when you put the rear door back on and tighten the thumb screws that you actually hear the safety switch click on.