Re: Creating a working semi-replica

From: Brian Connors <connorbd_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 10:06:56 -0800 (PST)

Yeah, the Pascal is pretty much just in the spirit of the original. I'm trying not to be too ambitious on the software side and mainly focusing on the hardware and the emulators more than trying to do a full reskin of Raspbian or whatever (mainly because I'm not terribly much of a programmer). Happy to take contribs though. (And yes, lash is awful -- Lisa Workshop appears to be a relic of the pre-Xerox era of the project. But at least directory navigation and disk image creation work :-) )

As for the Toolkit... I'm not sure it's worth the trouble, although I know what you mean about API being more important than language; Cocoa and Objective-C have the same relationship. I guess if it got to the point of creating "native" Alyx apps, I'd just as soon recommend using FPC and Lazarus rather than trying to recreate an API that saw very little use.

You received this message because you are a member of the LisaList group. The group FAQ is at http://lowendmac.com/lists/lisa.html To post to this group, send email to lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden To leave this group, send email to lisalist+unsubscribe_at_email.domain.hidden For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/lisalist ---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LisaList" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to lisalist+unsubscribe_at_googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. Received on 2015-07-16 08:23:13