Fwd: Tips for making Twiggy images

From: Shirl Casner <shirlgato_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 18:51:41 -0700

To clarify my comment about Lisa disk tag data, special FILE ID 0xAAAA is used by the Lisa boot ROM to find the boot blocks on a disk. That is why the Monitor disk images contain this ID so the boot ROM could boot from a Twiggy.

Reference (attached):

Lisa Boot ROM Listing

   page 28 -- BOOTPAT equate
   page 134 -- boot track reading
   page 143 -- disk booting

Regards,
David Craig

=== Begin forwarded message:

-- -- ----- You received this message because you are a member of the LisaList group. The group FAQ is at http://lowendmac.com/lists/lisa.html To post to this group, send email to lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden To leave this group, send email to lisalist+unsubscribe_at_email.domain.hidden For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/lisalist --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LisaList" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to lisalist+unsubscribe_at_googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.