Re: Priam DataTower Pictures

From: James MacPhail <gg__at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 11:19:59 -0700

I expect the Priam is somewhat higher performance than the ProFile, but I don't recall measuring it, and I haven't used it enough to have a feel for it.

The I/O should be significantly faster due to the word vs. byte accesses, and the higher performance controller should be able to process commands faster. There is the possibility of additional performance boost from the more advanced commands, but I don't know if the LOS driver uses those.

Presumably the seek speed is also faster with the voice coil vs. stepper, but the 3600 RPM latency would be the same.

The HDA fills the frame, but I don't know how big the platters actually are.