Shipping Lisas overseas

From: Tom Stepleton <stepleton_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2015 09:56:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everyone,

A few weeks ago I started a few threads about PSU recapping, etc. that I never followed up on. I have to apologize for that, particularly given all of the good advice shared in the replies, but at least I have a good excuse!

It turns out that I'll soon be moving overseas. I'd like to take my Lisas with me when I go, which is probably a big undertaking. Oh well---I suppose I should have taken up needlepoint instead of playing around with old computers.

Does anyone have recommendations for packing Lisas for safe shipping?

Would a Lisa be likely to survive a trip in a shipping container, along with the other things we're sending as we move our home? I have no idea what the temperatures in a shipping container are likely to be---particularly one that will cross the Atlantic in January. Vibration may be another issue to worry about.

If not by sea, any other suggestions of methods for actually sending a Lisa abroad safely/?

I have a Lisa 1 and a Lisa 2/10, plus a few ProFiles. I'm guessing that the Widget drive in the 2/10 is the most fragile item in the entire Lisa collection.

Thanks for any advice! I'll hopefully get back to recapping after the move. --Tom