Update to the Lexington Gothic font (Lisa system font clone for TrueType)

From: Brian Connors <connorbd_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 13:12:20 -0800 (PST)

So... my Lisa replica project hasn't gone anywhere lately, because money (ie I can't afford a 3D printer or good tools for working with sheet plastic). However, I have made a few changes to the Lexington Gothic system font I created; after testing it out as a system font in LXDE on Raspbian, I realized that it was simply too small to use for the intended purposes, so I made some changes to the design so the letters would be rendered larger on screen. The current release includes both regular and oblique, and the specimen shots show it at 16 points on OS X El Capitan with a retina display.

https://github.com/csyde/alyxproject

Although I haven't worked on it for a while -- I've been focusing on an Espy Sans clone called Carthage -- the FontStruct version of Lexington includes a significant chunk of the extended Latin, Greek, and Cyrillic Unicode blocks. It still suffers from small character size problems, but it's pretty extensive, if not quite comprehensive (for example, it doesn't have Vietnamese support, something I added to Carthage, which also includes Coptic and an in-progress Armenian block).

http://fontstruct.com/fontstructions/show/1134409/lexington_gothic

I do hope that's still of interest here. It's a very dated look, but I think it's still kind of pretty, and I did my best to be faithful to the original given the differently shaped pixels and the like.