Re: Question on the "formatter" Z chip

From: James MacPhail <gg__at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2016 17:26:42 -0700

My experience with at least one ProFile controller which has sockets for some/all chips is that bad connections develop after a while. This causes weird behaviour.

I have found it sufficient to pry each chip a little bit from its socket (eg. 1mm at each end), and if it still doesn't work, extract and re-insert each part.

You may find the pins on some chips have become dark or have other signs of corrosion that will need to be cleaned off to get good connections.

I suppose it may be necessary to replace some/all of the sockets in some cases.

Good luck!