Broken Floppy Drive

From: Geoff Barrall <geoffbarrall_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2017 17:28:20 -0700

Dear LisaList,

Finally after owning two Lisa’s for close to 10 years I found time over memorial day weekend to get things up and running and install a XProfile I’d had in storage for several years (thanks John).

Unfortunately in the chassis I was able to bring up the XProfile in the 3.5” floppy disk drive is no longer functional. It’s the floppy drive version that doesn’t need the daughter card on the side of the cage. The bottom is marked SONY OA-D34V-22 and the other side is marked ASCO September 1984. I do have a working floppy disk drive in my other Lisa chassis but it’s the kind that does need the side mounted daughter card so I’m guess it can’t be moved over into the working chassis?

Is there anyway I can find a replacement or repair for this floppy drive? If not what’s my best path to getting a working floppy drive installed in the Lisa?

BTW - I’m an EE by training and have access to tools.

Thanks in advance for any feedback and support. I’m excited to have a functional Lisa at last.

Geoff

You received this message because you are a member of the LisaList group. The group FAQ is at http://lowendmac.com/lists/lisa.html To post to this group, send email to lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden To leave this group, send email to lisalist+unsubscribe_at_email.domain.hidden For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/lisalist ---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LisaList" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to lisalist+unsubscribe_at_googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. Received on 2017-05-29 15:12:55