Re: Gemdos + desktop for lisa

From: Jason Perkins <perkins.jason_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2018 10:27:19 -0500

I tried the updated image on my 2/5 and 2/10...

On the 2/10 (Widget, 1mb ram) it worked right away :D

On the 2/5 (IDEFile, 1.5mb ram) I initially thought it didn't work...there was disk activity, but the initial hourglass screen never goes away. The little fish logo also doesn't come up. However, I think the software is running... if I type GEMVDI and return, it loads from disk more. I'm thinking that the extra ram in the system moved the frame buffer, so the software isn't writing to the correct spot.

I'll investigate on the 2/5 more later on... it has a bad ram slot so I have a single AST card installed right now.

Thanks for your efforts on this Gilles!

[image: Inline image 1]

[image: Inline image 2]

-J