Re: The Lisa - It Works the Way You Do

From: Jason Perkins <perkins.jason_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2018 04:59:54 +0000

I also noticed the display shrinks / grows depending on the brightness. My original 2/5 does this a little, and my recapped 2/10 does it much more. (Which makes me reluctant to mess with the 2/5...)

My 2/10 has the issue where scroll bars on the extreme right affect the whole display. Setting the h-pos at its extreme left makes this less. At its middle setting, when the system has warmed up, the display can get rather garbled. Adjusting the h-pos will move every-other scan line!

-J

On Sat, Apr 21, 2018 at 10:15 PM Toby Thain <toby_at_email.domain.hidden> wrote:

> On 2018-04-21 9:26 PM, Ray Arachelian wrote:
> >> 2. This is what happens when you move it to the right-hand side of the
> >> screen: https://photos.app.goo.gl/hnTu1ZCieGDHYTs22
> >>
> > Oh yeah, you're right. I did notice a bit of rock and roll on my actual
> > Lisas and like you thought that it must be the power supply - but I too
> > recapped mine a few years ago. James helped with that. :)
> >
> > Perhaps it's some sort of beam reflection or deflection issue. Or maybe
> > it's the alternating 50% gray pattern in the scrollbar? Or maybe the
> > electro magnets that aim the electrons lose some of their accuracy at
> > the right edge for some reason, possibly the gun is still turned on and
> > painting the rightmost pixel when on the horizontal retrace back to the
> > left happens? Maybe they needed to add a bit of extra padding on the
> > sides to prevent it? Wonder if this also happens on old B&W toaster
> Macs?

> It does not. Those displays are rock solid, there are no analog or
> timing issues.
>

> Probably a slightly more modern design.
>

> --Toby

> ---
> "LisaList" group.
> email to lisalist+unsubscribe_at_googlegroups.com.

Jason Perkins 313 355 0085 Sent from my iPhone