Re: Datapower Power Supply Parts

From: Ray Arachelian <ray_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2018 12:32:11 -0400

On 07/27/18 22:05, James Denton wrote:
> Hello LisaList -
>
> A while back I recall reading some threads related to a spreadsheet or parts list for components used when refurbishing/rebuilding a 1.8A Datapower power supply, but can’t seem to find them. Does anyone have that list available?
Hi James,

I can't find it either, if it exists.  I did find these, and your questions on 68kmla on the same topic with someone mentioning a capacitor spreadsheet, but it doesn't have Lisa caps:

Perhaps someone confused this list as also having a Lisa section as well? Or it's no longer indexed by google and other search engines.

I'd guess the best you can do is to look at the schematics of the power supply along with the caps on your power supply and replace those. Typically the big rectangular yellow ones will have cracks through them.

You can replace them with capacitors of slightly higher ratings.  That is slightly higher voltage and temperature ratings, but the uF rating must remain exactly the same.  Using slightly higher voltage/temperature ratings will allow the power supply to survive longer.

A very long time ago I did this myself with help from James - I bought a bunch of them from DigiKey.
You'll want to at least replace the big square yellow ones as well as the large cylindrical ones and some of the other smaller square ones. Off the top of my head, while some of these caps are polarized, the big yellow ones are not which makes them special, and more pricey.

A spreadsheet of replacement capacitors sounds like a great idea actually if anyone wants to volunteer to create one.

You can find the schematic here: http://lisaem.sunder.net/books.html in two PDFs which should have some of the values needed, the others, you can get off the caps on the board itself as long as they haven't been damaged.

This also claims to be it:
https://manualzz.com/doc/12866811/lisa-1.8a-datapower-power-supply-reverse-engineered-schem...

I also found this schematic online, but likely it's for the 1.2A PS. http://www.freeinfosociety.com/electronics/schemview.php?id=1419 incase anyone needs the 1.2A one.

I did find my receipt from ~2005 of my DigiKey caps order, it includes parts for the 1.2A PS as well, and because of minimum order counts, it contains far more than actually needed, as well as diodes as some on the PS may have blown as well, and possibly parts for other projects.  The item #s and prices may ofc have changed in the last 13 years, so YMMV.  I've attached it to this email, hopefully it won't get stripped off. Hopefully all this will help you get started.

Good luck. If you can document some of what you did, pls do and I'll see about adding it to the lisafaq.