Another note from Mom

From: Dan Knight <dknight_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 05:16:39 -0400

Thanks for your patience with these elists; I'm losing my patience with AT&T @Home Internet service.

As I write this, my Internet connection has been down for over seven hours. I can document that from the error logs on the list servers, which blow up if they try to connect to mailboxes too many times with not connection whatsoever. This is a daily occurrence, although Macjordomo
(the list server) doesn't seem to mind the short-term lapses in service.

I've used ISDN and now cable. I've found both wanting. I've signed up for Earthlink's DSL service, which should be a 24/7 connection. Of course, that's what ISDN and cable promised. :-(

I am taking advantage of the downtime to install Mac OS 9 on my SuperMac J700, which is the list server for the busier half of these email lists
(the Outback-Mac list is handled by a Quadra 605 set to Perth time so
digests have an Australian time stamp, while the other lists are processed by my old reliable Quadra 650).

Of course, without an Internet connection, I can't even send this message out right now, nor can I do the online update from OS 9.0 to 9.0.4. Sigh.

Just gotta keep reminding myself, patience is a virtue.

Dan Knight                            dknight_at_email.domain.hidden
  publisher, Low End Mac             <http://lowendmac.com/>

  Macintosh: about 60 known viruses
  Windows: way over 20,000 known viruses   Your call....