Recommendation to @home users

From: Dan Knight <dan_knight_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 16:06:18 -0400

For the past three days, we've been having far more than the usual problems with @home email addresses. List after list, subscribers with
@home.com email addresses are being dropped because the @home mail server
is reporting that those addresses have failed.

I've been doing the only thing I can on this end, resubscribing users as I am notified that they have been removed. I know there are some people on some lists who have been resubscribed three or four times since Friday evening.

As an @home user, my advice is to avoid using @home.com email addresses. I have over a dozen email accounts from several different domains, all accessible via my @home cable modem connection. I have never even used my
@home.com email address -- that's how little I think of their service.

There are a lot of free email services: mac.com, hotmail (a division of Microsoft), Applelinks, and probably thousands of others. My advice to
@home users is to sign up for a free email account and use that for your
email instead of the address @home.com gave you. Some services, such as mac.com, allow you to send and receive email using your standard mail client; many other free services require you to read your email on the Web.

Your call as to where to go, but my suggestion is anywhere but @home.com for a reliable email account.

Dan the listmom