800k ROM

From: Jeff Hellige <jhellige_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 17:26:17 -0500

        Would someone be willing to send me a copy of the Sun Remarketing 800k floppy upgrade ROM for the Lisa 2/5, the ROM that goes into location A1 and replaces Apple part# 341-0290?

        As of yesterday, I got my Lisa 2/5 functioning again in the Sun Remarketing 'upgraded' form that I got it in. I've got it booting MacWorks Plus from 400k floppy and then booting System 6.0.2 from the SCSI controller/drive mounted in one of the expansion slots. It also has the XL Screenkit installed and a second hard disk mounted above the floppy drive and originally taking data from the external parallel port. This Rodime drive is toast though and since I put an Apple-ROM Quantum 80MB drive on the SCSI controller I don't see the need to try and get this 2nd drive functional, so it's not even hooked up. When I purchased this machine, it also had the 800k floppy upgrade installed but the machine has problems if I try to run it with the 800k drive/ROM combo, which is why I've put the 400k drive/ROM combo back into it. Among other problems, there is no mouse movement if I have the 800k ROM installed.

        I got this machine about two years ago and had been trying to put it back to work as a Lisa, vice as a Mac XL. After a few problems trying to un-upgrade the video, I put the XL bits back inside and got it working in the form above. Any help aquiring the correct 800k upgrade ROM would be greatly appreciated.

	Thanks and take care
	Jeff

--
Home of the TRS-80 Model 2000 FAQ File http://www.cchaven.com http://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/lakes/6757