Re: HELP Lisa dead 150W Power Supply

From: Uwe Krull <Uwe.Krull_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 15:56:54 +0100 (MEZ)

On Fri, 28 Dec 2001 13:43:50 -0800, James MacPhail wrote:

>Tom wrote:
>
>>the server of applefritter was broken down, I'll try later
>>again. Hope this schematic is the one of the 1,8 A power supply; seems to me
>>that there are schematics which are really different from the real
>>power-supply all over the web, and nobody cares; or nobody seems to repair
>>the 1,8 A supply!
>
>The 1.2 A and 1.8 A power supplies are very different as you say. I believe
>the 1.8 A one was supplied to Apple under contract, hence no schematic
>'leaked' from Apple.
>
>"Usually" the failure of a Lisa power supply is typical of a switching
>power supply. (Leaking high voltage capacitors, blown flyback transistor,
>fried rectifier diode...) so it usually doesn't require a schematic to fix.
>I suppose there are plenty other failures that cause the power supply to be
>forgotten on a shelf awaiting repair, I think I have a couple of those.
>
>If anyone does find a schematic for this power supply, please let us all
>know, I suspect many of us care.

>Otherwise, perhaps someone can volunteer to draw it?
Hello to all,
just to share my experience with repairing a LISA power supply.

I started as described above which means first step on my one changing the
parts which seem to be broken.

Next step was to find a shematic of the power supply. Which was not the one I found of the power supply I have (1.8 A / 240V)

I searched the internet for companys which concentrate on repairing power
supplys of any kind.
I found one in Germany and had a nice short phone call to clearify what I want them to do.

I shipped the power supply with the "wrong" circuit diagramm and I got it back repaired.
(Which tells everybody I had to pay for it. Not to expensive by the way
..)

What about to try the same ?

Just a proposal from my side.
Happy new year
Uwe Krull
Hiermit widerspreche ich der Nutzung und/oder †bermittlung meiner Daten fŸr Werbezwecke und/oder fŸr die Markt- und Meinungsforschung gemŠ§ Par. 28 Abs. 3 Bundesdatenschutzgesetz
FIDO preferred 2:2476/480.5 :-) / siehe unter: www.was-ist-fido.de