Re: Installing Lisa Office applications on Profile?

From: Larry Rosenstein <lrosenstein_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 13:22:07 -0800

>The Lisa's copying methodology was most likely based on the Lisa's limited
>disk space resources. Given that the Lisa supported virtual memory for

I think it was probably more related to consistency. For one, I don't think the Lisa's disk space was all that limited, especially compared to the Mac. (The Mac didn't use VM, but when it shipped it only had 400K floppies for disk space.)

For another, I don't see how the Lisa approach makes better use of disk space, as compared to the Mac's. The only difference is that the file being moved is deleted after the copy, and this is something the user can do manually under the Mac system.

--
Larry Rosenstein
lrosenstein_at_email.domain.hidden