Re: Challenge and Response Clarification

From: Ray Arachelian <ray_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 16:39:02 -0500 (est)

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004, Dan Knight wrote:

> "We already take the steps necessary to keep spam off our lists. Whatever
> filtering you do with your email software and your email service is up to
> you.

Right, however, you have not yet taken steps to hide our email addresses from the web archives, which allows the spammers' web spiders crawling the web to find fresh sources of spammable email addresses.

For example, this url:

http://mail.maclaunch.com/Lists/lisalist/Message/549.html

Shows up when I search for my email address on google. No other mailing list that I am subscribed to allows their web archive to show the members' email addresses.

Please fix this issue as well, as this is one of the main ways that spammers collect email addresses.