Re: My sick 2/10

From: macmoni >Scherer <macmoni_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:08:59 +0100

Hi everybody,

concerning the dangerous behaviour with a Lisa (or similar) switching transformer unit I have to add a comment, too. It's true: The +300 volts is generated on the video board

BUT the PSU has hazardous components at the primary section of the unit. The (in u.s.) AC 110V are rectified, which leads to a SqaureRoot2 of 110V at least approx 170 V DC. The transformer coil is alternate feeded with +170 V and -170 V and if you are unlucky (or unknowing about the danger) touching the right connections you'll get a little problem of 170 V or 340 V Fortunately you'll know it soon, cause you can see some stars or look into a black hole :-)))

So, be careful everybody.

P.S. Nearly the whole rest of the world uses AC 230 Volts, that's why the 1.8 A PSU are sometimes called "international" and I think everybody now can calculate that SqareRoot2 multiplied with 230 V leads to a little higher DC voltage - hint for all users outside the USA: That's a deadly voltage ! You only have ONE life (normally; okay we can discuss that religious, later) and I hope everybody aggres with my opinion, that the LisaList cannot afford to loose members by voltage and current :-)))

Greetings to some members of the List in Switzerland, Hungary, Poland, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, South America and USA (I hope, I didn't forget somebody. Give a sign of life, if I did)

TOM from Bavaria