Re: Lisa Office System versions.

From: Stuart Bell <stuartsmacs_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 14:38:28 +0000

On 8 Jan 2005, at 14:07, Marcin Wichary wrote:

> It wasn't my intention to originally ask for copies of software,
> just for information. Not sure if the former is even allowed on this
> list -- however, since Lisa software is 20++ years old, I personally
> think of it now in terms of preservation, and not breaching the
> copyright.
>
> Anyway, I'd *die* for copies of the following:
> - Lisa software (LisaCalc, Write, etc.) compatible with Lisa OS 2.0,
> - Lisa OS and Lisa software 1.x.
>
> Anyone has those...? It'd help me immensely in my research.

In order to keep Apple's lawyers happy, we probably should make it quite clear that neither LEM nor this list condones software piracy. People who ask for copies of 20-year old software on this list are VERY NAUGHTY BOYS or GIRLS, and deserve to have their bottoms smacked.

I know that no-one will respond on-list to such requests, will they? OK?

Stuart
(Not wishing to step on the toes of the LisaList nanny, but trying to save Dan from some stupid litigious Apple lawyer. Remember, it was Apple who stopped the Mac512 site distributing almost as ancient Mac s/w a couple of years ago, fortunately just after I'd collected it all - all being a relative statement since it easily fits on one CD, let the reader understand.)