Re: Lisa Office System and GUI

From: Shirl <shirlgato_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 09:02:32 -0700

Marcin,

I am aware of Raskin and Horn's Apple GUI commentary. It has lots of good information. There was lots of good work done in this area by Apple. Though many GUI aspects were not original to Apple, Apple did pioneer a few areas and also improved many others.

Concerning the Lisa's icon-based GUI, Horn told me many years ago that he actually originated this when he started his Finder work on the Macintosh and showed Bill Atkinson his early Finder prototype. Atkinson then changed the Lisa's GUI from a dialog-based UI to the icon-based UI.

Also, I have not forgotten about scanning the Lisa ads I have. I just moved to a new house and have not had time to do this scanning. Will do so by the next week.