Re: Profile Cable Pin Out

From: James MacPhail <uo957_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 23:51:35 -0700

Hi Geoff,

The ProFile cable is straight through (male to male; pin 1-1, 2-2, etc.)

Although the original Apple cable is a shielded round cable, you can use ordinary ribbon cable with crimp-on connectors. For best results, don't make the cable longer than necessary; 18 to 24 inches works fine.

Many Lisa/ProFile connectors have pin 7 blocked (to prevent plugging in a serial cable). You may need to cut pin 7 off the connector on one or both ends of your cable. It is probably easiest to pull these pins out or otherwise deal with them before assembling your cable.

Let us know if you have any questions; good luck!

James

>I've got a functioning Lisa and a functioning Profile (I hope) but no
>cable to connect them with. Can anybody on the list help with the pin
>out for me so I can build my own?

James MacPhail                   "Think not of engineering as art,
uo957_at_email.domain.hidden                 but of art as engineering"
Sigma Seven Systems Ltd.
james_at_email.domain.hidden        <http://SigmaSevenSystems.com>