Re: Portable (and Lisa)

From: <sauersr_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 01:54:02 GMT

If you have more than one, I'm interested, too. I don't have the $200 or whatever they're going for on Ebay, though.

The hardware serialization feature was a bad idea, but the industry seems to be moving in that direction. So far, the only major motherboard maker I've heard of that hasn't jumped aboard the DRM train is VIA. Maybe it has by now.

Another annoying trend is the increasing trend toward taking away user anonymity via software updates/"registration". Microsoft is making users jump through hoops to get patches for its insecure platform. If Apple starts making it similarly difficult to obtain updates and its x86 DRM scheme is too obnoxious, I'm going to switch to Linux. How much are consumers going to be pushed around?

www.1800ipod.com

This message was sent using Endymion MailMan. http://www.endymion.com/products/mailman/