Re: Danger ! Risk of Life !

From: macmoni <macmoni_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 08:16:10 +0200

Hi members of the LisaList !

keep Ray's words always in your mind:
> Be very careful when working on the video side of the Lisa - if you've
> never worked inside a TV, stay away, it's very dangerous. (working
> inside a Lisa is a bit easier than inside a TV though) - Standard
> warnings apply - You could be killed or shocked, etc. (standard
> precautions apply, don't sue me if you get shocked, you were warned,
> these technical procedures are provided for entertainment purposes,
> kids, don't try this at home, etc.)

or carry your Lisa to a TV-repair store or somebody who is an HV-expert and knows which parts are high-voltage ! The tube is powered by voltages from 13.000 up to 17.000 Volts for acceleration the electrons emitted by the inside orange glowing wire

near the connector at the back.
TVs (with a tube) use up to 21.000 Volts. So: fingers away from running
HV-electronics... and wait min. 5 minutes after plugging the power
plug, before you intend to put your fingers near HV-electronic components inside.

The Lisa List cannot afford to loose members being killed ... by a Lisa !

greetings TOM from Bavaria