Re: Lisa Keyboard Repair - Here comes how to...

From: macmoni <macmoni_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 11:36:31 +0100

Hi,

open the keyboard and check the board, whether you can see any corroded parts.
Then check with a Ohm-Meter, whether there is contact if you push the space bar.

If not, try to clean the button (often full of dust) with air pressure. If yes, try to check the multiplex connection from the two pins of the button to other buttons and to the arry with a lot of pins in one row on top of the reverse side of the board. You can easily trace the connections visually, this is a one layer board. If there are interrupted connections, just resolder them (the button itself, the perhaps interrupted connections) or just solder a new wire, where corrosion took place and destroyed the connections

No need to throw away and replace the original part of your Lisa !

greetings TOM from Bavaria, the center of europe, the marvellous castles of Koenig Ludwig e.g. Neuschwanstein and last but not least the original Oktoberfest !