Moving from Maclaunch to Google Groups

From: Dan Knight <listmom_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 08:29:16 -0500

We've already moved half of our email lists to Google groups. Today we're starting the transition for our three non-Mac Apple-related email lists: Apple2list, LisaList, and Newtonlist.

If you wish to remain in the group, you must subscribe to the new Google Groups list. We have no way of exporting addresses from Maclaunch and doing this for you. I'll be updating the list FAQs, but you can go to one of the following pages to join:

http://groups.google.com/group/apple2list
http://groups.google.com/group/lisalist
http://groups.google.com/group/newtonlist

There are several benefits of moving to Google Groups. Although you can continue to treat this like a regular email list, you now gain the ability to read threaded postings online and, once you've logged in, even post replies online. You can also use Google's search engine to search the list archive.

On top of that, you have total control of your subscription once you've registered with Google. You can set your account to digest mode - or to "no email" mode when you go on vacation.

Best of all, we'll never have that "out of server space" problem that we've had so often with Maclaunch due to spam filling our mailboxes.

I think the many advantages outweigh the few drawbacks, and I hope to see all of you sign up in the next few days.

Dan the listmom