Re: ST506 replacement in Profile

From: Jason Perkins <perkins.jason_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 08:22:24 -0400

The drive itself is the same, but the problem comes in trying to format it... You have to get some special ROMs for the controller board (the ones on there now don't support low level formating) and use an Apple III with some special software to low level the disk. I don't know of many people who have these tools to do this.

I was able to pick up a 506 off eBay a while back... They are around.

-Jason

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LisaList" group. To post to this group, send email to lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden To unsubscribe from this group, send email to lisalist-unsubscribe_at_email.domain.hidden For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/lisalist?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- Received on 2007-03-29 05:32:09