Re: the pascal workshop quiestions

From: Shirl <shirlgato_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 23:34:53 -0600

>> during the install process with the nine floppies, the installer quits
>> at floppy seven, saying that a minimal install was done and further
>> installs can be done in the workshop. but how is that done. is there
>> somewhere the documentation for this?

Believe the later floppies contained their read-me instructions in a text file which may have been a Lisa EXEC file. Vaguely recall that these later disks were used to install some files for Lisa ToolKit use, but this recollection may be mistaken without checking further.

In terms of documentation, each release of stuff like this had lots of written documentation. I'm sure there was some nice printout with instructions and details provided by Apple. I have all this stuff, would need to look it up to see exactly what was provided.

> There is C? If so, I didn't hear about it

There was a Lisa C created by Green Hills. I have the disks and documentation for this. It ran on the Lisa in the Workshop but only produced Macintosh object files, not Lisa object files. As such, it was rally a Mac-only development language. Don't believe much was done with this C since most Mac development at that time was in Lisa Pascal or 68000 assembly language.

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LisaList" group. To post to this group, send email to lisalist_at_email.domain.hidden To unsubscribe from this group, send email to lisalist-unsubscribe_at_email.domain.hidden For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/lisalist?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- Received on 2007-04-27 22:41:39