General Category > LisaList2

Built my first Cameo Aphid. Could use some help

(1/3) > >>

Verault:
Hello everyone I am new to this forum.

I finally got around to sourcing all the parts to build my Camero Aphid. I downloaded the premade image from this link: http://stepleton.com/cameo_aphid_image.php
I used Etcher to copy the premade image to an 8GB micro SD card. Dont know if its common but it took almost an hour to do that!

First off it says this will be a blank image ready to load and if I plug the MicroSD into my PC it will show a Fat partition. My Lisa cannot see it and my Modern PC sees no FAT partition (in fact it asks me to format it) What should I try?

stepleton:
Hello, thanks for giving Cameo/Aphid a try! Let's try things one at a time.

An hour to flash the image sounds suspiciously long to me, but there could be a few reasons for that. Do you know what class of SD card you are using (see table)? Class 10, or U1 or U3, should be fine. Slower classes may work, but I haven't tested them. Another possibility is that you were using a slower USB port.

Anyway, when you start your Cameo/Aphid from the flashed card, does it appear to start up in a normal way? Specifically, do all of the four User LED lights (the ones circled here) all turn on and stay on after a short amount of time (sometime under a minute)?

For later: if you're using a PC, what OS are you using?

Verault:
So I ran the whole disk image copy again today. took 10 to 15 minutes this time.

I bought an 8 pack of 8Gb micro SD cards from amazon this summer to build a bunch of BlueSCSI devices (they all work well for those devices) Teh cards say HC and have a stamp of 10 on them in a circle.

I use windows 7 64bit.

All 4 leds blink in succession and after a while one of them goes dark and the other 3 stay on.

stepleton:
Good, it sounds like the PocketBeagle is booting correctly. (The one LED going dark is an artifact of the new fast-boot procedure and will go away on the first read or write.) Your SD cards sound fine, too.

You say it's not working in your Lisa. Just a few questions then: what kind of Lisa is it, what port are you trying it on, and what happens if you try to boot from the Cameo/Aphid in the STARTUP FROM... menu?

Verault:
I have a Lisa 2/10 The 10MB widget is toast but the 400KB floppy drive works. Most times I just use one of my Floppy emu's as the disk drive. I have a working 5MB Profile hard drive and at the moment am just installing LOS onto it since I have nothing better todo.

I have the Parallel card with an upper and lower port. When I use the APhid on either port and tell it to boot from there it just says it cannot find anything there. It finds my profile on both ports.

I rebuilt the keyboard this year but never got to loading the profile. I figured I would build this Aphid and then continue working on the LISA so this is the first time I have been able to with a working keyboard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version