LisaList2

Advanced search  

News:

2022.06.03 added links to LisaList1 and LisaFAQ to the General Category

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Convert DC42 to BLU  (Read 4035 times)

iJol

Convert DC42 to BLU
« on: July 28, 2023, 11:54:47 am »

Hey,

I'm trying to convert a LisaEm dc42 ProFile image to a BLU image to get it back on my Lisa.

I've tried LisaEm's dc42-to-blu-File, but I can't get it working as I'm not familiar with compiling things.

Maybe someone can help me?

Regards,
Julian

fri0701

Re: Convert DC42 to BLU
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2023, 01:18:25 pm »

Hmm... I could swear I've used that utility before, but after looking at the lisaem source, it looks like it's not included in the files to build. When I add it to the list, the build fails with compiler errors.

It may have been something Ray had in progress. Unless anyone has any other information, I'll try to take a look at it soon and see if the errors are something simple.

iJol

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2023, 01:32:06 pm »

Hmm... I could swear I've used that utility before, but after looking at the lisaem source, it looks like it's not included in the files to build. When I add it to the list, the build fails with compiler errors.

It may have been something Ray had in progress. Unless anyone has any other information, I'll try to take a look at it soon and see if the errors are something simple.

Hey fri,

thank you. Yes, I ran into the same issues when adding the dc42-to-blu to the build files. Also tried to compile it with gcc, but that also didn't work.

Don't know if it was just in progress or already finished, it's mentioned on LisaEm's GitHub page so I thought it will be compiled with LisaEm.

Thank you for you help!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 01:38:10 pm by iJol »

sigma7

• Administrator
  • Warning: Memory errors found. Verify comments.
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2023, 01:41:26 pm »

trying to convert a LisaEm dc42 ProFile image to a BLU image to get it back on my Lisa.

Aaru (formerly Disk Image Chef) lists "Basic Lisa Utility" (BLU) and "Ray Arachelian's Disk IMage (.DIM)" and "Apple DiskCopy 4.2" as supported formats.

https://github.com/aaru-dps/Aaru

https://aaru.app/#/?id=aaru-data-preservation-suite

HTH, James

edit: added link to app site
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 01:46:02 pm by sigma7 »
Warning: Memory errors found. ECC non-functional. Verify comments if accuracy is important to you.

iJol

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2023, 01:58:01 pm »

trying to convert a LisaEm dc42 ProFile image to a BLU image to get it back on my Lisa.

Aaru (formerly Disk Image Chef) lists "Basic Lisa Utility" (BLU) and "Ray Arachelian's Disk IMage (.DIM)" and "Apple DiskCopy 4.2" as supported formats.

https://github.com/aaru-dps/Aaru

https://aaru.app/#/?id=aaru-data-preservation-suite

HTH, James

edit: added link to app site

Oh wow nice, I'll test is asap! Thank you so much!

Edit:
Nope, doesn't work - it recognizes the dc42-File but drops a lot of errors when trying to convert it to BLU sadly
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 05:27:42 pm by iJol »

sigma7

• Administrator
  • Warning: Memory errors found. Verify comments.
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2023, 07:12:36 pm »

Nope, doesn't work - it recognizes the dc42-File but drops a lot of errors when trying to convert it to BLU sadly

If your dc42 is not too big to send (or put somewhere I can retrieve it, eg. dropbox), I'll investigate. Will DM an email address.

James
Warning: Memory errors found. ECC non-functional. Verify comments if accuracy is important to you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up