LisaList2

Advanced search  

News:

2022.06.03 added links to LisaList1 and LisaFAQ to the General Category

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: square pixel office system bounty?  (Read 3496 times)

stepleton

square pixel office system bounty?
« on: August 28, 2023, 04:15:26 pm »

I had a funny thought: I suppose now it would be possible to modify the Office System source code so that it can run on a Lisa 2 with the square pixel screen modification. I'm almost tempted to declare a bounty for this of some kind: first to pull it off (i.e. just getting it to a usable state where it boots and runs Office System apps; don't worry about it looking "squished") gets to choose a computer museum for a charity donation in their name.

That's probably too elaborate; in any case, the idea of the revenant Office System running in protest of the Mac-focussed mods that had hoped to bury it is amusing to contemplate.

compu_85

Re: square pixel office system bounty?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2023, 09:02:25 pm »

That would be nice for sure. I wonder if the main problem is patching out the serial number checks?

-J

sigma7

• Administrator
  • Warning: Memory errors found. Verify comments.
Re: square pixel office system bounty?
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2023, 10:38:11 pm »

to modify the Office System source code ... I'm almost tempted to declare a bounty

I think the bounty concept may be a great idea for Lisa stuff... more suitable for a small group than crowd funding.

Prior to pursuing modifications, I see a need for a clearly documented and reproducible way to build the Lisa Office System from source... has anyone succeeded in doing that? I'm ready to contribute some $ to such a bounty if someone can write up a suitable specification for the challenge.

James
Warning: Memory errors found. ECC non-functional. Verify comments if accuracy is important to you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up