Re: Lisa Disk Drive

From: Jerome Vernet <vernet.jerome_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 11:28:07 +0100

Guido Deiana a ˇcrit :
> On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 10:06:00 +0100, Jerome Vernet wrote

> Hi Jerome,
> just work on the other side of the circuit board. Use a solder and take the pin 9 and
> 20 out of the board. It's immediate and this way you can restore the connections
> anytime.

It look hard to remove the board to access the other side. I though about it, but removing the pin by desoldering it look hard.

If macmomi confirm that I just have to cut the track from PIN 9 to RJ4 and PIN 20 to RJ5, i will do that, much more easy. The macplus from wich I take it is dead, so I can kill the drive too...

What happen if I plug the drive without that ? Kill the Lisa ? Doesn't work at all ?

If it's working (I hope !!!!), the next problem is to fine a way to mount it in the Lisa drive bay, facing the eject mechanics of the drive to the Lisa disk hole. I have the MacPlus drive bay, look like it can fit (some holes to do, perhaps).

Jerome